Issue 36: Sustainability
An issue focused on giving you more tools to think (and act) toward sustainability, both for your own life and the planet at large.
WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE
- five easy-ish ways to become more sustainable now
- the most flexible meals
- managing the act of eating when you're going through it
cast iron 101
- why compost?
- pressed botanicals
- low-waste living before it was cool
- going plastic-free
- cooking with food scraps
- an ingredient spotlight on oats, our fave versatile quick-cooking grain
- the imperfect dilemma of today's recycling system
- cooking package-free, or close to it
- and more!
Our fave savory recipe: the fermented feta-like cheeze crumbles, we've been adding them to all of our bowls lately.
Our fave sweet recipe: either the vegan meringues (they're addictive!) or the hasselback pears. oh, OR the pumpkin french toast casserole. all SO good.
Notable feature: going from a consumer mindset to a lifestyle of citizenship and creativity
Single print issue
limited edition, perfect-bound, luxe matte finish at 8.25x11"
an ad-free, screen-free reading experience
comes with a FREE companion digital issue, formatted for both your phone or tablet/laptop
Single digital issue
an ad-free, easily accessible reading experience
easy navigation & live links
you receive a device-neutral PDF file (both for tablet/computer and phone) immediately after purchasing
four issues, starting with whichever one you choose.
comes with FREE companion digital issues, formatted for both your phone or tablet/laptop
free US shipping
- New in 2023 - all subscribers become part of the Chickpea Subscriber Club, where you're sent bonus content every month via email and online archive. Included: printables, recipes, mini ebooks, and way more. No extra cost/selling or anything, it's just a way to get more out of each issue and get inspired each month. (Think of it like Patreon rewards!)
Pre-orders for new issues are a necessity for us - without them, we wouldn't be able to pay our printer the large up-front costs of printing issues in bulk. They're great for you, too - you get a 20% discount on your issue total and you're guaranteed an issue in our small, limited runs of printing.
How do pre-orders work? We set up a dedicated pre-order time for about 2 weeks. At the end of that period, we get the issues printed, which takes anywhere from 4-5 weeks. We then package everything up ourselves and send them out with lots of love, and packing tape.
Please follow us on Instagram to see day-to-day updates on printing, shipping, and issue production.
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal. We ship worldwide - on the cart page you can calculate shipping to your location before ordering.
All physical orders (except pre-orders) are shipped within 72 hours of purchase through USPS. Standard order shipping takes anywhere from 3-10 days depending on where you live. International orders may take anywhere from 10-30 days, depending on customs slow downs.
All digital items will be sent to you automatically after purchase. Digital subscriptions will be sent via email as soon as the newest issue is released.