What's in this issue
- japanese-inspired bamboo & shiitake pizza
- the heart's cut: a profile of buffalo distilling co.
- is there anything i can eat? five tips for vegan dining
- crafting chocolate in india
- icelandic coffee
- swedish coffee bread
- an interview with anja keister, vegan burlesque performer
- by hand: privilege, intersectionality & veganism, a discussion with laura wright (The First Mess), shane stanbridge & marie chia (S&M Chefs), and bryant terry (Afro Vegan)
- the anatomy of a compassionate closet
- juggling milk, coffee, and veganism as a barista
- city guide: seattle
- we <3 donuts
- finding food & traveling veg in china
- books we're loving this season
- learning to love beets
- turning school menus plant-based in the south
- hood river valley fruit loop: an agricultural treasure
- our quest for the perfect vegan donut
- thankful in washington, DC: an alternative thanksgiving feast
Single digital issue • Our digital issues are an ad-free, easily accessible reading experience. Includes bonus content not found anywhere else. Easy navigation & live links. You receive a device-neutral PDF file immediately after purchasing.
Complete Collector Pack • Want to get a great deal AND get a complete instant collection of issues for yourself? Our digital complete collection includes EVERY single issue we've ever put out. There is no better discount you'll get than this!
How does ordering & shipping work?
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal. We ship worldwide - on the cart page you can calculate shipping to your location before ordering.
All physical orders (except pre-orders) are shipped once a week through USPS. Standard order shipping takes anywhere from 3-10 days depending on where you live. International orders may take anywhere from 10-30 days, depending on customs slow downs.
All digital items will be sent to you automatically after purchase. Digital subscriptions will be sent via email as soon as the newest issue is released.
How do pre-orders work?
Since we're an indie mag with no ads, we rely entirely on readers to go to print. That means that every dollar we make goes toward printing and paying our writers, which can take time to raise.
You get a discount on your limited-edition issue for pre-ordering, and help an indie publisher keep going!
Be sure to check our Instagram for any/all updates on printing, shipping, etc.
How do subscriptions work?
Issues come out twice a year, and you get four issues total.
No matter the type you buy, you get a free digital subscription and access to our monthly Club bonus content emails.
There's no auto-resubscribe, so no worries about us charging you when your subscription ends.
What is the Chickpea Club?
All mag subscribers, whether print or digital, get access to our monthly Club bonus content and database of all articles and recipes from the issues in their subscription.
Think of it like Patreon rewards - recipes, printables, ebooks, tips, and more. Learn more on our FAQ page.