Want to see your work in our issues?
Our magazine is all about unprocessed, honest food & writing. We want to elevate the look and feel of simple cooking & living through our words and vision. Chickpea aims to bring vegan food to all sorts of kitchens, and not make it about labels - we just want good food and good ideas & opinions.
We look for:
- honest, open personal writing
- easy, useful guides & tips
- unprocessed recipes with a story behind them
- DIY projects that enrich people's homes and lives
- investigative articles on impactful subjects
- engaging, genuine photo & illustrative stories
Topics we cover:
- home life and gatherings
- personal relationships
- environmental activism
- equality & compassion for all
- animal rights advocacy
- minimalism & sustainability
- personal journeys & self care
- and much more
What we don't publish:
- news or press releases
- promotions for businesses or public figures
- health-related topics
- non-fiction or poetry
- processed ingredients
- non-vegan ingredients or topics
Flip through a few of our issues here to see what we're all about. Read our pitching guide to improve your chances of being chosen!
Issue 32: Vintage
For this issue, we're specifically looking for anyone who can write about macrame, sewing/repairing clothes, or the history behind "reduce, reuse, recycle."
Issue 33: Fresh