Want to see your work in our issues?
Our magazine is all about unprocessed, honest food & writing. We want to elevate the look and feel of simple cooking & living through our words and vision. Chickpea aims to bring vegan food to all sorts of kitchens, and not make it about labels - we just want good food and good ideas & opinions.
We look for:
- honest, open personal writing
- easy, useful guides & tips
- unprocessed recipes with a story behind them
- DIY projects that enrich people's homes and lives
- investigative articles on impactful subjects
- engaging, genuine photo & illustrative stories
Topics we cover:
- home life and gatherings
- personal relationships
- environmental activism
- equality & compassion for all
- animal rights advocacy
- minimalism & sustainability
- personal journeys & self care
- and much more
What we don't publish:
- news or press releases
- promotions for businesses or public figures
- health-related topics
- non-fiction or poetry
- processed ingredients
- non-vegan ingredients or topics
Flip through a few of our issues here to see what we're all about. Read our pitching guide to improve your chances of being chosen!
Proposals should be appropriate for this lockdown time we're in currently.