Our trays of produce from our garden have been so overflowing at this point in the season, so we wanted to use everything up in one of our favorite dinners everrrr. It's so easy to put together, and you barely need to touch it to make it amazing. It's a lazy meal, which is just our speed when we're so busy like we are now.
Whether or not you've got a garden, these ingredients are at their best right now (and cheaper than they'll be all year), so give this one a try for an incredible dinner sometime this week.
RoastRoast at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until all the veg is cooked through. You can really use most any vegetable here - the only one we really say is necessary is the tomato, because it adds SO much flavor to the dish.
- 1 medium-large zucchini
- 5 large tomatoes (or several handfuls cherry tomatoes)
- 1 medium-large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small head of garlic, top snipped off so all cloves are showing
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- salt + pepper
- 2 ears of sweet corn, husks left on
Boil + Prep
Cook the pasta and prep your other ingredients while the veg is roasting.
- 2 cups dry pasta (pretty much any medium-size type will do)
- greens (like spinach or swiss chard), chopped small
- fresh herbs (like parsley or basil)
- 1 15-oz. can white beans or chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- When the pasta's ready, drain and add to a large bowl with the beans and greens.
- The veg should be ready - squeeze out the garlic cloves and smoosh into the bowl. Use a spatula to add into the big bowl of pasta, then pour in any liquid left from the pan.
- Husk the corn and shave it right into the bowl.
- Stir in the fresh herbs, the zest + juice of 2 lemons, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt + pepper to taste.