Perfect for the last of those beautiful summer tomatoes, this lasagna celebrates the best warm-weather vegetables, right down to a veggie-packed sauce. Use whichever veggies you have on hand, really!
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2” piece of ginger
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tsp each powdered garlic, onion, turmeric and smoked paprika
- about 1 tsp salt (but add to your taste!)
- pepper to taste
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 medium summer squash
- 4-5 cups chopped hearty greens
- a large handful of basil
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic
- 1 cup lentils
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Toss the carrots & potato in a pot of boiling water. Let cook until tender. Pour into a blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy, and add salt & pepper to taste.
- While the carrots & potato cook, boil your lasagna noodles until just tender. Don’t overcook, as you’ll be baking them again in the oven.
- When the sauce & noodles are done, layer your lasagna. We kept it freeform - evenly laying down sauce, noodles, vegetables, basil, garlic, etc., until you fill up your pan. Keep a layer of veggies on top to prevent the noodles from getting too crispy. If you like, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake the lasagna for 25 minutes or until the top veggies are roasted and it smells great. Serve warm!