lunch + dinner
Easy Cheezy Veg Rice
This is one of our favorite quick ways to use up leftover white rice, whether from takeout or leftover from making dinner. It's filled with vegetables, but so so so satisfying at the same time.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- a handful of chopped broccoli
- ~1 cup leftover rice
- vegan bouillon paste or cubes*
- 1/2 tsp each onion & garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
*Follow the serving suggestion on the bouillon container you're using to match however much water you'll be using. Each kind is a little different on how much you need to use. Alternately, just use a pre-made veg stock.
How to make it
- You can chop the zucchini & carrot in many ways, but in the end you want very small pieces to match the size of the rice. I put them through our spiralizer and chopped the noodles, but you could also use a food processor or just a knife.
- Put the rice in a big saute pan with enough water to just cover the bottom. Whisk together the bouillon with the water until dissolved. Cover the pan and let the rice reheat for a few minutes on medium low.
- Add in all the veg, spices, and nutritional yeast. Stir to combine, cover, and let cook for another 5-7 minutes, until everything is warmed together and the broccoli is tender. Add spices to taste, and serve hot.