Try out this fresh asparagus pesto for a bright, beautiful spring dinner or lunch addition. It's great on pasta, in sauces, on salads, as a dip, as a sandwich spread, and more. We paired ours with a Lebanese couscous and some beautiful olives that we chopped up.
- 1 bunch of farmers’ market asparagus
- small handful of hand torn, fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chopped scallion
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Break off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard them, then chop the asparagus spears in half.
- Place in a food processor with the basil, lemon, garlic, scallions, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slowly drizzle in the cup of olive oil as you blend, until it's all smooth and consistent.
- Keep refrigerated for up to a week in an airtight container, or enjoy right away!