There are many, many variations of the Pimm’s cup, this one’s just a favorite in our house. It’s sour and a little sweet and the cucumber makes it refreshing on even the hottest days. Along with our grapefruit "iced tea" (in last summer's issue) this is our most-made drink during the summer, and sometimes I even get it in the winter when it's snowed for too long and I start daydreaming of warm days.
This drink is impressive to look at (and to taste), it' super refreshing, and it's dead simple to make. Try this out this weekend during your camp-out or BBQ!
- 1/2 a lime
- 2 oz. Pimm's
- ginger ale/ginger beer
- carbonated water
- optional if using less soda - 1 tsp your favorite liquid sweetener (such as agave)
- Thinly slice some cucumber and lemon to line your glass(es). Lay them into a tall glass, filling with ice as you go. You don't have to make it fancy, just a few slices of each per drink.
- Once your glass is full of ice and lemon & cucumber slices, pour in 2 oz. of Pimm's, the liquid sweetener if you choose, and the juice of half a lime and a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice.
- We like a ratio of 1 part ginger ale/ginger beer to 2 parts carbonated water, but feel free to experiment to see how sweet you like it.
- Stir your drink and serve!
Enjoy and have fun this weekend! :)