Summer Sale Print Collection
If you love cooking, DIY, personal stories, beautiful photography, unique hand lettering, modern design, talking about food, whole foods veganism, and much more, you will love Chickpea. With these summer issues, you can love it four times as much!
Only available until August 31, 2021.
What You Get
- an advertisement-free, screen-free reading experience
- creative, interesting, useful content from independent writers, artists, makers, and pro and amateur cooks alike
- four high-quality, beautifully printed summery magazines that will last you years to come!
- free US shipping
- bonus digital copies of each issue, for free
All issues are limited edition, ~100 pages, perfect-bound, and matte finish.
What's In Each Issue
Issue 20: Heading Out
- an introvert steps out
- imperfect produce
- a veg-first life
- grow one thing: greens
- summer salads
- the everlasting effects of camp kindness
- guerrilla gardening, a guide
- the dogwood dyer
- how to travel with an omnivore
- (plant) power to the people
- how to reconnect with nature
- beauty 101: brighten your plate & palette
- summer drinks in mexico
- preparing a picnic
- making the most of your farmer's market
Our fave savory recipe: the crisp and creamy sesame salad
Our fave sweet recipe: the mango cooler, inspired by Oaxaca Mexico
Notable feature: an introvert steps out and finds out more about herself in the process of traveling with an extrovert
- for the love of community-supported agriculture
- from dairy to sanctuary: the story of maple farm sanctuary
- berry harvest
- mantras of the traveling vegan
- snacking on sugar in myanmar
- summer picnic salads
- feminist food writers: an exploration with five women we admire
- marinades made simple
- hot hot heat: hot sauces of NYC
- smoky sweet potato tacos
- sauerkraut, but not as we know it
- summer book reviews
- city guide: houston
- stocking summer produce
- no-bake stunner cakes
Our fave savory recipe: rainbow soba salad with edamame
Our fave sweet recipe: berry peach trifle with vanilla pudding, berry cornbread, and coconut whipped cream
Notable feature: visiting Maple Farm Sanctuary, a dairy farm turned animal sanctuary
- let's have a bbq!
- summer makeup guide
- fruit on fire: grilled summertime desserts
- wave rider: an interview with Tia Blanco
- hot weather curry
- summer book reviews
- ice cream sundae bar
- city guide: orlando, florida
- sweets of summer
- the first dinner party
- homemade sweet orange deodorant
- fermentation, a study
- let's ferment! with a diy fermentation lid
- tomato harvest
Our fave savory recipe: heirloom tomato rasam
Our fave sweet recipe: matcha lemonade (super easy to make!)
Notable feature: fermentation: a study
- fresh fruit desserts
- trip to the berry patch
- summer seaweed recipes
- books we're loving
- summer skin survival
- old south, new flavor - a vegan travel guide to the south
- refreshing chilled soups
- love thy farmer - a tribute to the farmer's market
- sweet/savory: unique flavor combinations
- (digital only) vegan burgers & condiments from scratch
Our fave savory recipe: lemon courgette/zucchini noodle salad with seaweed
Our fave sweet recipe: blueberry swirl cheesecake
Notable feature: summer skin survival
Pre-orders for new issues are a necessity for us - without them, we wouldn't be able to pay our printer the large up-front costs of printing issues in bulk. They're great for you, too - you get a 20% discount on your issue total and you're guaranteed an issue in our small, limited runs of printing.
How do pre-orders work? We set up a dedicated pre-order time for about 2 weeks. At the end of that period, we get the issues printed, which takes anywhere from 4-5 weeks. We then package everything up ourselves and send them out with lots of love, and packing tape.
Please follow us on Instagram to see day-to-day updates on printing, shipping, and issue production.
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal. We ship worldwide - on the cart page you can calculate shipping to your location before ordering.
All physical orders (except pre-orders) are shipped within 72 hours of purchase through USPS. Standard order shipping takes anywhere from 3-10 days depending on where you live. International orders may take anywhere from 10-30 days, depending on customs slow downs.
All digital items will be sent to you automatically after purchase. Digital subscriptions will be sent via email as soon as the newest issue is released.