Edamame Noodle Bowl
This isn't any kind of traditional recipe whatsoever - just something we came up with that tastes good and is quick & easy to put together. Serves two!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 piece of kombu
- 1 cup chopped napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2-3/4 cup shelled edamame
- veggie broth
- noodles - soba or lo mein, just make sure they're egg-free
- 2 tbsp miso
- fresh lemon
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh herbs
- Put the coconut oil in a medium pot and heat to medium. Add in the shallot & garlic and cook until softened.
- Add in the kombu, cabbage, broccoli, and edamame. Pour broth over to cover it all, plus an inch or two to accommodate the noodles later. Turn the heat up to medium-high and let come to a simmer. (About 10 minutes.)
- Once simmering, add the noodles and miso and remove the kombu. How long you cook it will depend on what kind of noodles you use, but it should range from 5-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with a big squeeze of lemon juice, ground pepper, and whatever other toppings you like. Enjoy!